×

North Dakota Man Arrested for Breaking into a Home in Perham

By Derek Sidian Jun 18, 2026 | 2:54 PM

Jonathan Allard. (OTCDF)

Perham, MN – A North Dakota man is in custody after breaking into a home in Perham.

44-year-old Jonathan Lee Allard of Mandan, North Dakota was arrested Tuesday night after a homeowner in Perham reported that someone had broken into their house.

Prosecutors say the victim was sitting in his living room, watching soccer on TV, when the front door blew open and Allard came inside. Allard reportedly grabbed the victim’s shoulder and was pushed away. The victim said Allard kept pushing and forcing his way deeper into the living room after being told to leave. Eventually, the homeowner was able to force Allard out of the home.

As Perham Police arrived at the scene, one officer saw Allard walking away from the home. They had dealt with him a few hours prior, as he had been intoxicated and harassing patrons at McDonald’s.

Allard was taken into custody and made his first court appearance Thursday morning. He has been charged with 1st degree burglary and a variety of misdemeanors.

Detroit Lakes , MN (KDLM)- The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is inviting the public to explore Hubbel Pond Wildlife Management Area in Becker County during an open house Saturday, August 29, that runs from 10 am to 2 pm. The open house is part of the DNR's celebration of 75 years of wildlife management area...
18h ago
Detroit Lakes , MN (KDLM)- Construction is underway on the future home of the White Earth Boys & Girls Club in Callaway. The new facility is being built on Dakota Street, where the club's playground and outdoor basketball court were completed last year. Carol Thompson, CEO of Strategic and Program Development, says...
Aug 18, 2026
Detroit Lakes , MN (KDLM)- The Lakes Region Builders Association has appointed former Minnesota Senate Majority Leader Roger Moe as its new executive officer. The Detroit Lakes based organization represents home builders, tradespeople and other industry professionals across Becker, Otter Tail, Wilkin, Norman and Mahnom...
Aug 18, 2026
Detroit Lakes , MN (KDLM)- Minnesota's Walk-In Access Program has received a $2.1 million federal award to increase public access to private lands for hunting, fishing and other wildlife related recreation. Funding comes from the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Natural Resources Conservation Service and will help the ...
Aug 17, 2026

FOLLOW US FOR INSTANT UPDATES!